BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
A one-call system offers advantages to both the facility owners and to the digging community. The primary reason for becoming a member of BC One Call is reduction in damages to buried facilities and mitigation of the consequences of such damages.
Benefits of membership include:
* Reduced risk of accidents, injury, environmental or facility damage and down time, as well as improved safety and lower litigation and compensation costs.
* The opportunity to standardize methods and procedures with respect to information required from the excavator, field markings of locations, control zones, locate slips and damage report forms resulting in reduction to the facility owner's clerical costs for obtaining information from excavators.
* Advance notice of planned excavation activity allowing facility owners sufficient time to efficiently schedule locators, to make arrangements to have locates completed or drawings sent and gives the excavator a better idea of when the locates will be completed.
* Providing facility owners with the opportunity to come together to increase the effectiveness of public awareness and advertising programs thereby increasing public awareness of the inherent dangers of disturbing the ground.
* Improved relationships between the digging community and the owners and operators of buried facilities.
* Co-operation among the various owners and operators of buried facilities as they work towards the achievement of common goals.